How do you promote an app? Marketing Android applications can be complicated. Here we will explain the key points about incentivized installs and how this will help your app promotion campaign.
WHAT IS AN INCENTIVIZED INSTALL?
An incentivized install is basically when you pay users to install your app in exchange for a prize or reward. There are some companies out there offering this type of service, for example Waypedia, where you pay a small fee per install and your app is listed on different offer-walls apps. For a successful app promotion, this could be the way to go!
IS THIS AGAINST GOOGLE POLICIES?
Not at all! If you don’t force users to install your apps, it’s totally ok with Google policies.
WHY SHOULD I USE INCENTIVIZED INSTALLS?
Natural Play Store installs might have a retention rate of 20-40% for an app (probably disputable, but that’s what we observed with multiple apps and games).
Incentivized installs usually result in a retention rate between 5% and 15%, depending on the app of course. The latter has been observed with polished games only, but that range should give you a general idea.
The most common reason to use incentivized installs is to increase your app’s downloads and push it into the rankings (like “Top New Free” for example, which works quite well). It’s also very useful if you want to rank your app in a specific keyword niche.
BUT WILL THOSE TYPES OF USERS USE MY APP? ARE THEY GOING TO KEEP IT?
It depends on the app quality and design. Since this type of advertisement is not targeted based on interest (like Facebook or Twitter ads), it’s harder to reach users that are actually 100% targeted. However, most of the top popular apps out there have used incentivized installs for a few important reasons:
- It is cheaper.Where almost 99% of the companies charge no less than $1 per install, you can get it for really low prices. On Waypedia, as low as $0.10 per install.
2. Fast results. You’ll see results and installs within a few days.
3. Retention is pretty awesome.At least 10% of them keep the app installed for a few days and at least 3% for longer period of time (for ROI, this is a great number).
4. Ranking grows exponentially for 90% of cases. At the end, you ALWAYS reach organic users from Google Play results, since you are getting a lot of installs, and Google might position your app in the top 10 or 50 results.
5. Targeted or not, humans are seeing your app. For what an incentivized campaign costs, you can reach a staggering number of people that are actually seeing your app. That is priceless if you understand how important it is to be present on people’s minds… (Coke, Pepsi, Samsung…)
SOME THINGS ARE NOT THAT COOL.
Since installs and reviews are the key to positioning your app in the top results, a lot of companies work with bots to increase the number of installs. So, be careful where you get your installs, and ALWAYS ask where they come from.
The second thing is that if your app is not well designed or there is no big market for it, you might be wasting your money. Sure, you will rank for a few days, but it will drop in a few days as well if the app is not attractive enough.
And finally, the retention. Retention in most cases is pretty good considering the cost, but sometimes the number of fast uninstalls can be surprising (in some cases almost 90%). If that is happening to you, use Waypedia High Retention Installs. This solution will help ensure the app stays installed for at least 3 days.
If you want to start your campaign today, go to www.waypedia.com now! We also support country targeted campaigns and give you a forecast of estimated daily installs based on your filtered regions. It’s incredibly easy and fast!